Sunday, May 3, 2009

Computer games

I'm a software engineer by trade. Last week, while going through CDs of old homework, I found some games I had created many years ago. Our class assignment was to write a number guessing program (pick a number between 1 and 100) that would say "To Low", "To High", or "You Win". After I finished that I wanted to keep going so I started writing other games.

Today my son Joseph (8 years old) discovered them on my computer and he's obsessively playing Concentration. When I wrote the games several years ago it hadn't occured to me that someday my children would play them. I'm so pleased that someone (other than me) wants to play these games. Yeah!

*update* while annoyed that they're fighting I'm also tickled that all of my kids want to play.

1 comment:

I love comments. It's nice to know someone is reading and I appreciate and read every one.