Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A happy place

"A book, too, can be a star, 'explosive material, capable of stirring up fresh life endlessly, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe.' "
~ Madeleine L'Engle

I love Powell's books! I've mentioned this place before but in case you missed it, Powell's is a huge group of warehouses all tied together into one enormous book store in Portland, Oregon. And every area is crammed with bookshelves higher than I can reach. A lot of used paperbacks go for only $3 or $4 and on my last trip I came home with dozens more adventures for my collection (hardbacks for $8.50, anyone?).

Me with my babies in front of my happy place:


Just imagine an entire city block of this:

2 comments:

  1. Book stores and art supply stores are the only stores I like. That book store looks like heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhh, I would be drunk on the availability of words.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It's nice to know someone is reading and I appreciate and read every one.