Friday, September 16, 2011

Life By Mom's Rules: A Survival Guide



Click here for more tips from Life By Mom's Rules: A Survival Guide

You sometimes get exactly what you ask for.

When I was really little (around 1) my 3 older sisters informed my mother in no uncertain terms that they did not want rules anymore. They were tired of all the rules and it wasn't acceptable. My mother decided that if that was what they wanted then fine. NO rules.

My sisters had a great day doing whatever they wanted without being told what to do in any fashion. That night, as they started to get hungry, they came into the kitchen to see what was for dinner. But no one was there and dinner was not being cooked. Upon searching the other rooms they found my mother watching TV and asked her what was for dinner. She said, "I don't know. What are you making?". The girls were flabbergasted. This was their MOTHER. She HAD to make them dinner! Mom pointed out to them that they didn't want any rules so there weren't any. But if there were no rules for the girls then there weren't any for mom either and she didn't have to make them dinner. They were told to fend for themselves. After 2 days my sisters agreed that perhaps a *few* rules were ok.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! My least favorite question from my kids: "what's for dinner?"

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It's nice to know someone is reading and I appreciate and read every one.