Saturday, September 3, 2011

Fine Compliments



Throughout my childhood my mother had a small metal sign hanging on the wall that said "All the fine compliments and all the good wishes will never replace help with the dishes". Looking at the empty space above the pantry door I've often thought something should go there and this week I thought of that saying and had to add it.



She had another sign in the same style that said "I'm the boss in this house and I have my wife's permission to say so" but I thought maybe Husband wouldn't like that one quite as much.



I did this one in a few evenings. I laid out chipboard letters, traced, and filled in with craft paint (two coats mostly). After a clear matte finish and a couple hooks I now have something in the empty space of the wall that reminds me of my childhood and my mother.





For the very observant you may notice a paint sample on the wall in the picture above. I decided to keep the green in the great room but the back wall of the kitchen (currently yellow) will be changing to this. It's a Walmart Colorplace color called Sesame which is NOT the same as Open Sesame in their colors. Sesame is a warmer color than Open Sesame and I've used it several times in my homes such as the nursery below. (more pictures of the Jungle room, and a castle bedroom, are in this post)



Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!

2 comments:

  1. Love that saying! I might have to use it. :) Maybe we can get together at Christmas time. Sue and I will both be in town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! And I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It's nice to know someone is reading and I appreciate and read every one.