Monday, May 9, 2011

Once upon a dollhouse Update

Last week we started renovating the sad neglected dollhouse of my childhood. You can see the rest of the before pictures in this post but I have a couple refresher pictures here.



Cool but kinda gross, yeah?



Now all of the holes are filled in, there has been a lot of sanding, a little priming and now the first coats of paint are on.



Kinda hard to tape off the inside of a dollhouse from the outside. Isn't that mess of construction paper and painter's tape pretty?



The outside has the main paint color on now. I need to paint the patio and the ground and I'm not sure if I want to add something else out here. Mostly this side will be against a wall in my home so it won't be seen much but... Well, I guess we'll see what happens after I get the inside taken care of.



So, below is the basic layout of what I'm doing. I added a banister to a half floor in one room and started the paint job details in a couple other rooms. I need to fix the paint in the living room where the primer didn't take well but I have an idea to take care of it. In the meantime I've been having fun crafting chandeliers and miniature artwork for the house to personalize it. I hope the kids like it when it's done (and thankfully it's now safe). I also hope they value it a little more than I did so many years ago.

1 comment:

  1. Sara...
    I'm gonna cry. It's so pretty!
    -Little Little

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It's nice to know someone is reading and I appreciate and read every one.