Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Halloween Party Ready

We're having a party this weekend for the neighborhood and I'm getting the decorations wrapped up. This year I have seen some fantastic ideas on the web and I couldn't wait to try them out.

Crafts and Sutch has a great tutorial for how to put a spiderweb on your wall (found via Be Different...Act Normal). I found a cool spider in all the halloween stuff and decided to try it out on the ceiling.



Since a lot of the people who will be here are still strangers to me (lots of new people in the neighborhood) I worried a bit about people getting into the movies and books. So I covered all of those shelves in spiderwebs to keep busy hands out. The lower shelves aren't covered yet so the kids can get their movies during the week and I will get them covered over the morning of the party.



Cheesecloth and sticky backed bats covered the lights in the great room for a little atmosphere. We'll set up the potluck here. The artwork on the wall is my son's. He really wanted to contribute to the decorations.



The banisters and doorways were covered in cheesecloth and decorated with a few plastic spiders. I found a great idea for bats from Made (also via Be Different). The template came from Country Living.







Even the teddy bear wanted in on the dress-up party.



The pendant lights got a little holiday with some treat buckets that I had left over from a few years ago.



Tonight we'll start baking and cooking and getting the rest of the party ready to go for the weekend. Baking will be Joe's favorite part. Anything with sugar.

2 comments:

  1. You are soooo creative!!!! I love it. We're having a party here but I'm not going all out.. I wish I were coming to your house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great decorations! McGilli is right, you are very creative. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It's nice to know someone is reading and I appreciate and read every one.