Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Hemp Bracelet

A few months back I saw someone demonstrate a way to tie up extension cords that I thought was just genius (see the technique here). Then today I realized I could apply the same method to make a bracelet and it came out pretty cute in just a couple of minutes.



If you'd like to make your own, here are the steps.

1. Create a loop in your string.



2. Feed the long end of the string into the loop, making another loop.



3. Pull the first loop tight to create a slip knot.



4. Feed the long end of the string into the loop to make another loop but do not pull it tight this time. Repeat this step to your desired length.



Because of the loops you will have a little play in the bracelet that will allow you to slip it on even if you knot the ends like I did but you could attach some jewelry findings instead if you would prefer. To get the look of my bracelet I just did the steps above with 4 strings at once (with hemp cord) instead of a single string. I estimate you can have this finished in less than 10 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. It's nice to know someone is reading and I appreciate and read every one.